- The Orioles’ Chris Davis has tied a record by hitting 37 home runs by the All-Star break, which begins today. What kind of PED rumor can we pin on Chris, now that he has had this success?
- Of the batters this season to collect more than 119 hits, only the Brewers’ Jean Segura and the Orioles’ Manny Machado have a BB% of less than 10% – 4.3% and 3.7%, respectively.
- Of those in the Top 10 in OBP% this season, only the Red Sox’ David Ortiz has a BABIP under .320, sitting at .317
- The Mariners’ Raul Ibanez is 5th in the MLB in slugging percentage at .578, but has produced a WAR rating of just 0.9 thus far.
- All-Star snub? The Athletics’ Josh Donaldson has produced a 4.3 WAR rating this season, good for 8th in the MLB. He also boasts a .310 average and 16 home runs.
- Opposing hitters hold a .381 BABIP against the Royals’ Wade Davis, good for worst in the league.
- On the opposite end of that BABIP spectrum is the Cubs’ Travis Wood, who has held hitters to a .227 BABIP, best in the league.
- The Rockies’ Jhoulys Chacin has allowed an MLB best 0.24 HR/9 innings this season. Which seems a bit more impressive, when you consider the thin air at his home ballpark.