Oh look, its the All-Star game. Rah rah NL! Rah rah AL! Wooo goooo players assembled into two teams to determine home field advantage in the World Series!
Can’t you tell I am thrilled?
- The White Sox’ Adam Dunn, despite just a .213 batting average, is 9th in the MLB in isolated power (ISO) with a .261 mark
- Down second half coming? The Red Sox’ Mike Napoli has the 2nd highest K% (33.5) in the league and the 3rd highest BABIP average at .382
- The Reds have two of the top 3 hitters in on-base percentage: Joey Votto (2nd – .434) and Shin-Soo Choo (3rd – .425)
- The Mariners’ Raul Ibanez (5th) and the Rangers’ Adrian Beltre (9th) are the only two hitters in the top 10 in slugging that are not on an All-star roster
- The Rangers’ Derek Holland is the only pitcher in the top 10 in WAR (6th – 3.8) not on an All-star roster
- NL starter and the Mets’ Matt Harvey leads the MLB in fielding-independent pitching (FIP) with a 2.17 mark thus far
- AL Starter and the Tigers’ Max Scherzer is 5th in the same category (FIP) with a 2.68