Because I already did those NorthSide guys…
- It’s been a dismal season offensively for the White Sox, as they rank (29th) only above the Marlins in runs scored, 411 to 359 respectively.
- Even with the recent sweep of the Yankees and +9 over last 3 days in the run differential column, the White Sox rank 27th overall in that category with a -78 mark.
- That’s a certain amount of luck attached to a stat, like BABIP, which looks at the batting average of balls hit in play, and the White Sox don’t register particularly well in this category either: 23rd overall with a .289 average.
- Pitching hasn’t been a strong point, but not really a negative one either. The White Sox are middle-of-the-pack in overall ERA (17th – 3.90), Quality Starts (9th – 64), and Strikeouts (9th – 895)
- The White Sox are 21st overall with 100 home runs. Adam Dunn has more than a quarter of those, with 26 on the year
- And they do seem to have a little trouble getting on base, ranking 27th overall with .301 average. The American League average is .320