- Of the top finishers for wOBA in 2013, more than 30 points separated first place (Miguel Cabrera, .455) and second place (Mike Trout, .423)
- Not surprisingly, those two finished first and second, respectively, in wRC+ (weighted runs created compared against league average) (Cabrera – 192, Trout – 176)
- Of the Top 10 finishers in FIP (fielding-independent pitching) in 2013, only Felix Hernandez (3.04) and David Price (3.03) had an ERA over 3
- Of those Top 10 in FIP, only two of those pitchers had ERA’s north of 4. Rick Porcello – 4.32, Edwin Jackson – 4.98)
- Bud Norris was victim to the worst BABIP rating among pitchers in 2013 at .333. One of every 3 batters that hit the ball in play against him reached safely with a hit
Because this off-seasons are too long…
1.) Oakland Athletics
There is a smiling elephant, balancing on a baseball. The colors are rare and pop off that. I mentioned the elephant and his impressive stance, right?
2.) Chicago White Sox
A new addition to the 2014 collection. “Batting Man” has class!
3.) Cincinnati Reds
Look all humans in the Nasty Nati, this baseball has a mustache.
4.) St. Louis Cardinals
As much as I would rather not include the Redbirds in this list, that graphite color is too cool not to include #PunIntended
5.) Seattle Mariners
This one was a lock, as it reminds me of the 90’s Mariners days. Classy, clean, too.
6.) Baltimore Orioles
Anytime the Oriole Bird rears his beautiful face, baseball fans win